boot problem w/ barebox

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Sat Sep 9 02:01:34 PDT 2017

Hi folks,

I've got a really strange booting problem on an phycore-imx6
based board (pretty much the same as mira):

* barebox v2017.06.1-phy2 comes up properly, but cant boot
   the kernel (v4.13) - just hangs w/o any output (not even
   uncompression message)
* putting the kernel manually into the factory-image (sdcard)
   w/ old 2015 barebox boots the kernel
* w/ DEBUG_LL + earlyprintk it doesn't even does that, just
   hangs like w/ new barebox

Here's the last output I've got: (added few more debug outputs)

 > Updating DT commandline:  console=ttymxc1,115200n8
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait rw earlyprintk=1
 > DT commandline:  console=ttymxc1,115200n8  root=/dev/mmcblk0p2
rootwait rw earlyprintk=1
 > booting kernel with devicetree
 > start_linux: kernel entry point: 12000000
 >                            dtb: 18000000
 >                           swap: 0
 >                           arch: 0
 > shutting down barebox

My first suspicion was zero'ed DT memory node (which OTOH doesn't
explain why earlyprintk doesn't work), but fixing that didn't help.

Could there be any vital low-level init missing in the new bbx ?
Maybe the entry point correct ?

Any ideas where I could have a deeper look at ?

thx.

--mtx

--

mit freundlichen Grüßen