Observations with AT91SAM9263-EK

Sam Ravnborg sam at ravnborg.org
Mon Jul 3 09:19:22 PDT 2017

Hi all.

I recently purchased an AT91SAM9263-EK from ebay and
have played around a little with barebox.
For now only some observations.

I had the impression that I could
drop AT91BootStrap when using barebox.

But I could not make it boot until I deployed
at91bootstrap (named BOOT.BIN) on the SD-card.
And I named arch/arm/pbl/zbarebox.bin => u-boot.bin
on the SD-card.

I wanted to boot barebox - but nothing happened.
So I tried older versions af barebox:

v2017.06.0 => Boots OK (did not try to load a kernel)

v2017.07.0 => Boots but emits:
NULL pointer dereference at address 0x00000014
### Please RESET the board ###
(A bit more was written to the serial console)

master from git => Nothing written to the console at all

I will as time permits dig deeper into this.
Seems like we are facing two bugs:
One that causes the NULL pointer, and another that
prevents any output.

As barebox is quick to build and the bug is simple to spot
I will likely just try to bisect and see where I end up.

	Sam