State Framework and dtb

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 03:48:09 PDT 2017

On 04/04/17 11:27, Çağlar Kilimci wrote:
> Hey,

>> On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 11:59:50PM +0300, Çağlar Kilimci wrote:
>>> Hello,

>>> Finally, I updated and patched the code and now I can see state at 0
>>> device in the of_dump:
>>>         state at 0 {
>>>                 magic = <0x27031977>;
>>>                 compatible = "barebox,state";
>>>                 backend-type = "raw";
>>>                 backend = <0x42>;
>>>                 foo {
>>>                         reg = <0x0 0x4>;
>>>                         type = "uint32";
>>>                         default = <0x0>;
>>>                 };
>>>                 bar {
>>>                         reg = <0x10 0x4>;
>>>                         type = "enum32";
>>>                         names = "baz", "qux";
>>>                         default = <0x1>;
>>>                 };
>>>         };
>>
>> Here a working example for barebox 2016.11.0 so there may be changes with the
>> actual state cleanup patches
>>
>> +       state2: state_socket {
>> +               magic = <0x456ef363>;
>> +               compatible = "barebox,state";
>> +               backend-type = "raw";
>> +               backend = &eeprom;
>
> I changed to:
> backend = <&eeprom>;
> then it works :)
> barebox at Phytec phyCORE AM335x:/ state
> registered state instances:
> state_socket         (backend: raw, path: /dev/eeprom0)

Won't that use the whole EEPROM rather than a partition thereof?
According to the documentation, you can use:

		backend = <&eeprom>, "partname:state";

assuming the partition has `label = "state";`.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk> )=-
-=(                          Web: http://www.mev.co.uk/  )=-