Compressed DTB - builtin DTB

Daniel Krüger daniel.krueger at systec-electronic.com
Fri Oct 21 01:16:53 PDT 2016

Hi Sascha,

Am 14.10.2016 um 11:52 schrieb Sascha Hauer:

> No, indeed that's not intended. Could you test the appended patch? It
> should solve this.

Thanks. The patch works for me.

>> Just using the compressed DTB would be really good. Because it makes the
>> image much smaller. However, how should that be done? The extract code might
>> be simple. But I don't have an idea how to let the linker select the right
>> version.
>
> If you are using uncompressed binary you should switch to PBL support to
> get a compressed binary. Then, if you are using PBL the dtb is
> compressed already as part of the whole binary.

I will try that.

Best regards,
   Daniel

--

SYS TEC electronic GmbH
Am Windrad 2

Telefon : +49 (0) 3765 38600-0
Fax     : +49 (0) 3765 38600-4100
Email   : daniel.krueger at systec-electronic.com
Website : http://www.systec-electronic.com

Managing Directors  :
   Dipl.-Phys. Siegmar Schmidt, Dipl. Ing. (FH) Armin von Collrepp
Commercial registry : Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 28082
USt.-Id Nr.         : DE150534010