Compressed DTB - builtin DTB

Daniel Krüger daniel.krueger at systec-electronic.com
Thu Oct 13 03:32:31 PDT 2016

Hello,

I'm currently porting our board support to device tree. Currently, I
don't use multi-PBL, but include the device tree via CONFIG_BUILTIN_DTB.
This works, but the DTB seems to be included twice in the image: once as
plain DTB and once as compressed DTB. I think this isn't intended this way.

Extract from System.map:
87e82b80 R __dtb_imx35_systec_hmi_start
87e82b80 R __dtb_start
87e8501c R __dtb_imx35_systec_hmi_end
87e85020 R __dtb_z_imx35_systec_hmi_start
87e85ad0 R __dtb_z_imx35_systec_hmi_end
87e85b00 B __bss_start
87e85b00 R __dtb_end

Just using the compressed DTB would be really good. Because it makes the
image much smaller. However, how should that be done? The extract code
might be simple. But I don't have an idea how to let the linker select
the right version.

Thanks for any kind of support,
   Daniel

--

SYS TEC electronic GmbH
Am Windrad 2

Telefon : +49 (0) 3765 38600-0
Fax     : +49 (0) 3765 38600-4100
Email   : daniel.krueger at systec-electronic.com
Website : http://www.systec-electronic.com

Managing Directors  :
   Dipl.-Phys. Siegmar Schmidt, Dipl. Ing. (FH) Armin von Collrepp
Commercial registry : Amtsgericht Chemnitz, HRB 28082
USt.-Id Nr.         : DE150534010