Ethernet PHY KSZ9031 is not working

Alexander Aring alex.aring at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 00:58:37 PST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 03:42:01PM +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> > USB Host-A has to be tested, but if I type:

> >> USB: scanning bus for devices...
> >> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 EHCI Host Controller
> >> 1 USB Device(s) found
> >
> > so I can suppose the host controller is working.
>
> I'm unsure if that is correct. When you see the USB IDs of some
> connected devices then you be (a bit) sure(rer).
>

> > - DDR3 Memory Controller
> > Memtest is passing all tests. So I can suppose the timings are quite
> > good enough to use the Dynamic RAM correctly. I will do a stress test
> > later...
>
> I had a system once where the memtest in barebox worked, but memtester
> from Linux found issues.

do you know why memtester from Linux found issues?
Maybe we can grab some patterns from [0] and simple do the same what
linux does (inclusive disable caching).

My experience with memtester is:

I saw some people which use memtester under Linux and randomly
"MTD/filesystem broken" messages blobs out while running memtester. I would
guess that the memtester written in some memory mapped area of connected
NAND devices.

- Alex

[0] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/mm/memtest.c#L6