Programatically write in a file in the environnent with a hush command

Alexander Richter Alexander.Richter at ATSonline.de
Tue May 26 23:08:49 PDT 2015

Hello,
> Am 26.05.2015 um 17:42 schrieb Jean-Christophe BEGUE <begue.jc at gmail.com>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to pass a value from Barebox to the operating system, using
> the usreland command bareboxenv -l.
>
> My problem is : How should I write that status from my hush barebox script?
>
> echo $mystatus > /env/data/my_status_file
You can use the command nv to create non volatile shell variables. Don’t forget to save the Environment.

> The above command doesn't work as '>' is not implemented.
>
> I've the feeling that I'm missing something?

To access the new variable (/env/nv/foo.bar) from userspace, you can use the „bareboxenv“ tool

Alexander Richter