barebox picotcp integration (2015.06.14)

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 04:09:12 PDT 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:28:57 +0200
Sascha Hauer <s.hauer at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 01:13:43AM +0300, Antony Pavlov wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have just published latest picotcp-enabled barebox.
> > Please see my 20150614.picotcp branch in my github barebox repo
> > (https://github.com/frantony/barebox/tree/20150614.picotcp).

> Why are you using the picotcp tftp implementation? picotcp surely
> supports sending/receiving udp packets, right? Wouldn't it be a good
> first step to replace the barebox udp API with the one picotcp provides?
> I mean I would expect that you replace only the network stack, not the
> network stack including the applications. If at some point we decide
> that the tftp implementation in picotcp is better than the one in
> barebox that would be the time to switch it.

I have reworked tftp support: now barebox tftp implementation is used on top
of picotcp udp/ip stack and works 2 times slower than original u-boot stack-based
implementation (I have tested it with sandbox arch).

Please see draft tftp commit here: https://github.com/frantony/barebox/tree/20150620.picotcp

I'll try to switch barebox nfs support to picotcp udp/ip in several days.

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov