Generate MLO for phytec-phycore-omap4460

Boulais, Marc-Andre maboulais at rheinmetall.ca
Fri Feb 6 04:56:31 PST 2015

Good morning,
I am currently trying to build the MLO for the omap4460 on a Phytec Phycore board. In order to build it, I do the following procedure, but I get this size error at the end:

> make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=... phytec-phycore-omap4460-xload_defconfig
> make
  LD      barebox
  SYSMAP  System.map
  OBJCOPY barebox.bin
  CHKSIZE barebox.bin
barebox.bin size 53168 > of the maximum size 49152
make: *** [barebox.bin] Error 1

Curiously enough, the MLO is bigger than the 2nd stage barebox.bin I would generate with the config phytec-phycore-omap4460_defconfig.
In the documentation (boards/omap.rst), there is mention of a "barebox.bin.ift" file that corresponds to the MLO. However I don't have this file...only barebox and barebox.bin.
Is my build procedure correct ?