Activating network during start

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Nov 21 00:40:01 PST 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 08:11:16AM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:

Good Morning,

> I don't understand what the exact problem is. So your command generally
> works, only when it's called from the start script it doesn't work. Did
> I get that correctly? Also a second invocation of the command then
> works, right?
> This sounds like the phy is not yet ready. I often get the impression
> that the very first packet sent to the network is lost, even though the
> phy registers tell us the phy is ready. I never found out what the
> problem is here.

 lldp
 sleep 2s
 lldp

With the first "lldp" invocation the network is activated and then I
need to sleep a bit (I don't know if 1s or less is working but with
no wait it certainly doesn't work).

With checking the phy you refer to the call of eth_carrier_check that
is used by eth_send?

kind regards
	holger