NOR flash writing

Antony Pavlov antonynpavlov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 07:28:14 PDT 2014

Hi All!

I have barebox running on a board with SPI flash chip.
I can write to the SPI flash chip using /dev/nor0 interface.
Before writing data to the /dev/nor0 device I have to erase it explicitly with 'erase /dev/nor0' command.

How I can write to /dev/nor0 in a more transparent way. E.g. if I want to update only several bytes
on /dev/nor0 then I use 'mw -d /dev/nor0 ...' command and barebox  automatically reads appropriate
flash sector into RAM, modify it, erase NOR flash device sector and write new sector content into NOR flash device.

--
Best regards,
  Antony Pavlov