Update/include some functions from the Kernel

Sebastian Hesselbarth sebastian.hesselbarth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 02:29:07 PDT 2014

On 07/17/2014 07:33 AM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 01:15:33AM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>> On 07/15/2014 03:49 PM, Sascha Hauer wrote:
>>> This adds/updates some lowlevel bitmap/bitop stuff from the
>>> Kernel. Needed by upcoming USB updates.
>>
>> Sascha,
>>
>> just curious what "USB updates" there are?
>
> The updates are only USB core related, like turning the hub driver into
> a device and make fix up the USB device hierarchy. The other stuff is
> USB gadget specific: Update to v3.15 and composite gadget support

Ok, for the xHCI driver, I am about to bring up the ports. But AFAKT,
it will be basically fine to reuse the EHCI hub code. The way data is
sent later, is different from EHCI. I still have to dig into both xHCI
and EHCI code and specs to be sure about it.

BTW, if USB2.0 is a reasonable fallback for both, xHCI devices and HC,
I guess it should be fine to just support the 2.0 stuff.

Up to now, I already stumbled upon some legacy stuff (from u-boot?),
e.g. USB_SPEED defines vs enum, struct usb_{config,interface}_descriptor
collusion. I guess I can split-off some cleanup and preparation patches
from that after yours.

Sebastian