Problems with pyhBoard-Wega-AM335x

Rolf Evers-Fischer embedded24 at evers-fischer.de
Tue Jul 8 23:47:19 PDT 2014

Hello Florian,

On Tue, 8 Jul 2014, Teresa Gamez wrote:

> Hello Florian,
>
> I guess you having the default kit WEGA, which does have 256MB RAM. The mainline supported
> phyCORE Kit does have 512MB. Thats probably why it does not start up.
>
> I'll have a look at it.
>
> Teresa

I'm not 100% sure, but I can imagine that the ">" should also appear when
the SDRAM configuration is not correct. But nevertheless the correct
SDRAM setting is important. Maybe, you can check the SDRAM setting of your
previous barebox-2013.11. I assume, the old barebox was running properly,
wasn't it?

> > Sorry but I have no idea which information I can send you to help me
> > with my problem...

Florian, could you please check the size of your 1st stage bootloader
(MLO) binary?
It must not exceed 111616 byte! Otherwise it will not boot.
You can shrink the size by removing all unnecessary stuff from the
barebox_mlo configuration.

Best regards,
 Rolf