generated command references sometimes render a solid blob of text

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 04:45:48 PDT 2014

> I don't think that the Kconfig entries need to contain the full command
> documentation.

Probably not.

Currently, too many Kconfig options don't have help texts. When I was
new to Barebox, I was puzzled about wether to select an option or not.
Having the complete docs (manually done or auto-generated, doesn't
matter) can be a good help for that.

It's unfortunate that we have now actually 3 places for the help: via
macros in the source, in the Kconfig, and in the *.rst files. The one
in the source code also have an additional property: that options to
commands can depend on Kconfig entries (e.g. "bootm" depends on
CONFIG_CMD_BOOTM_INITRD, CONFIG_OFTREE and CONFIG_CMD_BOOTM_VERBOSE).
That complicates matters even more. Sigh.