net usb asix: read MAC from EEPROM on AX88772B

Michael D. Burkey mdburkey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:47:03 EST 2014

Philipp,

I have just checked out the tip release of barebox and have been
playing with your added code for the ASIX88772B (which I find a bit
humorous, as I had just migrated almost EXACTLY the same code myself
from the Linux sources two days ago, before I noticed yours -- I had
even put the "read MAC from EE" code into the exact same function).

The bad news is, your patches and mine both behave identically and
neither works quite right.

Specifically, while the network will connect and it will pull a DHCP
address, it still gets tons of invalid lengths from asix_rx_fixup().
It also doesn't seem to work for much else beyond that.

Have you had any additional luck in getting it working "right" with the 88772B?

Basically, since we are both obviously working on it, I figured it
would make sense if we coordinated efforts a bit, so as to avoid
duplicated effort.

Thanks!
Michael Burkey

PS. the USB adapter I am using is a Sabrent NT-USBC from Newegg.