barebox env userspace

Balasa, Bogdan BBalasa at Morganschaffer.com
Mon Feb 3 13:00:02 EST 2014

I was modifying the '/init/general' file, the line:

global.boot.default=nand

A second method (this one worked): changed the content of 'boot/nand' file.

Bogdan

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Balasa, Bogdan [mailto:BBalasa at Morganschaffer.com]
Envoyé : February-03-14 12:20 PM
À : barebox at lists.infradead.org
Objet : barebox env userspace

Hi,

I try to modify the barebox environment from linux userspace with:

1.	Load environment from SPI NOR flash:
               ./bareboxenv-target -l /mnt /dev/mtd1

2.	Erase environment from SPI nor flash
flash_erase /dev/mtd1 0 0

# do some modifications in "/mnt"

3.	Save environment to NOR flash
./bareboxenv-target -s /mnt /dev/mtd1

----
After reset I can see my modifications in the files within barebox but the changes are not taken into account by barebox.
It's like they are not saved in the persistent storage "dev/env0".(it's like a saveenv is missing).

What am I missing such that the changes to be saved in the persistent storage 'dev/env0' from userspace?

---
Userspace:
cat /proc/mtd
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00080000 00010000 "m25p0.barebox"
mtd1: 00010000 00010000 "m25p0.bareboxenv"
mtd2: 00200000 00020000 "nand0.barebox"
mtd3: 00020000 00020000 "nand0.bareboxenv"
mtd4: 00800000 00020000 "nand0.kernel"
mtd5: 03200000 00020000 "nand0.root"
mtd6: 00800000 00020000 "nand0.kernel2"
mtd7: 03200000 00020000 "nand0.root2"