Introducing barebOS

Alessandro Rubini rubini-list at gnudd.com
Tue Apr 1 05:35:48 EDT 2014

Great news Sascha.

>> I therefore decided that it's no longer necessary to have the overhead
>> of Linux at all. The project will be renamed to barebOS in the next few

I believed it, until the "rename" bit.

Actually, adding a scheduler and making it an RT OS has been in my
intentions for quite a long time now.  Having no interrupts and a
great library of drivers, it really is a good target to become an OS.
I even got Sascha's generic approval about the idea, and I only missed
a student willing to do that as his master thesis.  Well, none appeared
so far...

/alessandro