Re[7]: Omap4 DSS clocks

Alexander Shiyan shc_work at mail.ru
Fri Mar 15 04:40:11 EDT 2013

> Sascha, any comments on this?
>
> > > I already asked about this on the TI E2E Community forum
> > > http://e2e.ti.com/support/omap/f/849/t/251717.aspx but without gaining
> > > success.
> > >
> > > Overall, isn't it weird that DSS is offline (as indicated by IDLEST)?
> > >
> > > I suppose in ./arch/arm/mach-omap/omap4_clock.c this check:
> > >
> > > /* Check for DSS Clocks */
> > > while ((__raw_readl(0x4A009100) & 0xF00) != 0xE00)
> > > 	;
> > >
> > > should get extended to also check for correct IDLEST ...which would
> > > currently end in an endless loop :)
> >
> > I revised commands/mem. All correct in the code, so problem is not here.
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> > About DSS: I cannot help you with this CPU, but here is one point from
> > OMAP4430TRM:
> > "The main access to all DSS registers is through the L3 interconnect.
> > The access through the L4_PER interconnect is provided for back software
> > compatibility."
>
> I stumbled upon these lines too but have no clue what this means for
> barebox command "md" concrete.

MD command causes an error due to the inability of the reading memory area.
Error can be disabled via the option "enable arm exception handling support",
but it does not help solve the problem.
OMAP has a memory areas (modules), which are locked, so you need to
search this information from datasheet.

---