set root variable for uImage?

Adam Furmanczuk afurmanczuk at knowtrek.com
Thu Jul 4 06:30:15 EDT 2013

On 03.07.2013 22:26, Sascha Hauer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 08:30:10PM +0200, Adam Furmanczuk wrote:

>> On 03.07.2013 18:58, Sascha Hauer wrote:
>>> Hi Adam,

>>> the bootm command evaluates the 'bootargs' environment
>>> variable, so before executing bootm do a:
>>>
>>> export bootargs="root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rootfstype=ext4"
>>>
>>> (sidenote: This is not documented with 'help bootm', shame on
>>> us. Try the 'magicvar' command instead which lists all
>>> variables with special meanings)
>>>
>>> Sascha
>>>

>> Hi Sascha,
>>
>> it does not seem to work for me, I typed:
>>
>> mkdir /mnt/disk1 bootargs="root=/dev/mmcblk0p3 rootfstype=ext4"
>> mount /dev/disk0.1 fat /mnt/disk1 bootm /mnt/disk1/uImage
>>

>> I choose different values for root, like
>> "mmcblk0p3","/dev/mmcblk0p1", "b303" ...
>>
>> I am running MX53QSB with barebox 2013.05 build get this output:
>
> The kernel normally prints the commandline during startup. Could
> you post it?
>
> Then, are you using some defconfig or do you you have out of tree
> patches?
>
> Also, could you post the output of 'devinfo global'?
>
> Sascha

Hi Sascha, hi Alexander,

rootwait parameter in bootargs did not helped. I compiled barebox and
kernel Image from busybox. I added in busybox extra defconfig
parameter for the imx53 board for barebox. No extra pachtes. Have sdma
module in root partion in /lib directory, but it never change-roots to
that partition anyway.

With u-Boot the same bootargs are OK. My new project requires to use
barebox.

Output of devinfo global [1] and bootlog [2]

Greetings,

Adam

[1] http://pastebin.com/yyQjtpbT
[2] http://pastebin.com/4PxUnm0Q