sandbox and tty input/output

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Sun Oct 28 14:42:18 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I wanted to test a bit my barebox over a serial line.
I compiled sandbox defconfig on my x86 laptop, and executed it in 2 manners :
 - "</dev/ttyUSB0 ./barebox >/dev/ttyUSB0"
 - ./barebox -I /dev/ttyUSB0 -O /dev/ttyUSB0

I connect on the other end of /dev/ttyUSB0 a serial port and try to type some
commands, or see the "barebox:" prompt : no luck.

The first command gives back nothing (I still have to check my serial line).
The second command does a "panic, out of memory".

Has anybody tried to use sandbox over a tty line and can he give me a recipee to
speed up my work ?

Cheers.

--
Robert