crc32 command

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Sat May 14 03:09:55 EDT 2011

 >> How can I use crc32 to verify the files I transfer?

 Sascha> The algorithms differ, so cksum is not usable here. Got curious
 Sascha> myself and looked around in the net. the zip tool is usable for
 Sascha> this:

 Sascha> zip test.zip barebox.bin; unzip -lv test.zip

 Sascha> Ok, this sucks, but there is also a standalone program (haven't tested
 Sascha> this). See here:

 Sascha> http://docwiki.gumstix.org/index.php/Calculating_32_bit_CRCs

The crc32 command is largely legacy from u-boot. Would there be interest
in a cksum command (it's afaik just like the normal crc32 except it also
uses the length) or md5/sha1/sha256sum? We have all the infrastructure,
so it should be easy to add.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard