mach-versatile: debug_ll.h licenc

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Mon Jul 4 04:39:03 EDT 2011

On 09:59 Mon 04 Jul     , Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 07:13:47AM +0200, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	./arch/arm/mach-versatile/include/mach/debug_ll.h
> > 	Can you put this file under gpl v2 or later
> >
> > 	Barebox is GPLv2 Only project
> INAL, but I think this is not a problem. Barebox itself just doesn't
> make use of the possibility to use a later version of the GPL. Still you
> can pick that file out of barebox and use it in a GPL v3 project.
>
> But maybe I just didn't get what you intended with your mail.
For the file under gplv2 or later yes but in barebox we have also gplv2 only
file so we can not accept GPLv3 contribution.

Personnaly if you want to use GPLv2 or later code from barebox in other
project I'll prefer you keep them under GPLv2 or later so you can share between
both projects but it will your choice.

Best Regards,
J.