how to get my patch to master or barebox dev cycle

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Wed Nov 3 18:08:58 EDT 2010

Hi Marek,

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 08:46:25PM +0100, Belisko Marek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I get an announce about new v2010.11.0 and I try to look to
> commits if my patch which was sent 19.10
> for mini2440 board support
> (http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/barebox/2010-October/001881.html
> ) was taken.
> Patch was commented only to add some extra functionality and I suppose
> it could be taken to
> next branch and then to master in next release. But it was not.
>
> So my question is what is development cycle for barebox? Similar to
> kernel with merge window and then only release?

I maintain two branches, master and next. next is always open to new
patches. After a (monthly) release I merge the next branch into master.
The master branch only gets fixes for collateral damages caused by
merging the next branch.
In case of the mini2440 patch I simply forgot to handle it, sorry for
that. I will have a look at it tomorrow.