barebox on x86

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Aug 31 11:59:59 EDT 2010

 Hi Jean-Christophe,

On 8/31/10 5:18 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 15:50 Tue 31 Aug     , Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>>  Hi Jean-Christophe,
>>
>> On 8/31/10 3:18 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>>> why do you touch it?
>> Sorry, touch _what_ in particular?
>>
>>> barebox is self content so I do not understand why you do such modificaton
>>> specially uf we are supposed to do crosscompile
>>>
>> Unfortunately that assumption is wrong, at least for the x86 target.
>> Almost all my patch does is trying to fix exactly that (along with
>> dropping the requirement to use Linux on the host side)
>>
>> And, yes, I am using an i386-elf- cross compiler.
> you need a linux toolchains and it's build correctly

So, barebox needs glibc and a Linux kernel to build? Hm. Then consider
my patch fixing that problem. Almost. With my patch it's self-content.
But the linking problems are still open. Do you have any hint on those,
too, maybe?

> I build it on MacOS too

How did you overcome the programs in scripts/ using Linux system headers
that are not there with HOSTCC (even with a Linux cross toolchain)?

> Best Regards,
> J.

Best regards,
Stefan