problem with qos option with b43

Hogren hogren at iiiha.com
Tue Jan 3 02:00:23 PST 2017

Hello,

I hope that I will not use your time for nothing.

I recently solved a problem with my wifi card.

Wifi Card:

# lspci |grep -i bc
24:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n

Title of the gentoo mailing thread about my problem:

[gentoo-user] Broadcom wireless problem after a certain time

My problem was that after a certain time (I suppose that is after a
certain amount of received data), the card stopped to work fine, I
couldn't access to any website, etc. I restart the wpa_supplicant
systemd module, and the wifi works again.

After my discussion on the gentoo mailing-list, I tested to disable qos
(echo "options b43 qos=0" > /etc/modprobe.d/b43.conf), and it resolved
the problem.

The goal of my mail is :

I want to learn. I want to help.

Is there a page with a description of the QoS option of b43 module (what
does it do, compatibility, etc.) ?

Can I make any tests or analyses to help you to possibly repair a bug in
the module ?

Thank you very much !!

And an happy new geek year !

Hogren