Need some reverse engineering effort.

Nirav Patel nspho1 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 07:58:25 PDT 2016

I am a newbie in this field. And there's lots of coding in this (wl) driver.
It contains support for all (obviously except those very newly
released ones) broadcom devices including the AC, HT, extended_N phy's
and 20691 devices. Any help is appreciated.
I don't understand where to start. From what I can figure out, the
structure and coding pattern is similar to the brcmsmac driver.
It would be very easy to make modifications and additions to brcmsmac
driver. But if I am not wrong the similar patterns would obviously
hurt the copyrights and also the clean-room design.
Is it possible to modify the brcmsmac driver without claiming
copyrights for the new code (which is also of broadcom like the
brcmsmac driver itself) ?
And is there any mailing-list or a community for the brcmsmac driver like this?
I know the last 2 questions are outside the scope here, but any help
is greatly appreciated.