Broadcom 4330 and Intel Edison

Domeika, Max J max.j.domeika at intel.com
Thu Nov 12 12:24:36 PST 2015

On 11/12/15, 12:17 PM, "b43-dev on behalf of Domeika, Max J"
<b43-dev-bounces at lists.infradead.org on behalf of max.j.domeika at intel.com>
wrote:

>On 11/5/15, 3:22 AM, "Arend van Spriel" <arend at broadcom.com> wrote:

>>>bcm4330 is supported by the Linux upstream driver brcmfmac [0], you
>>>could take brcmfmac from backports [1] and try if that driver supports
>>>your requirements. BCM43340 seams to be a different chip, but it is also
>>>supported by brcmfmac.
>>
>>Doing AP+STA requires MBSS support, which 4330 firmware does not. At
>>least not the one in linux-firmware repo.
>>

>Thanks. Sorry for the delay. Trying to learn enough to ask the right
>questions. My read of this thread is that I could try brcmfmac from back
>ports, but Arend is saying the firmware in the linux-firmware repo
>wouldn't work anyways. Is that correct?
>
>Max

What it seems we really want is Wifi-direct support. Will the 4330
firmware in the repo support wifi-direct or is Wifi-direct also dependent
on MBSS?

Thanks,

Max