lspci not working

Arend van Spriel aspriel at gmail.com
Sun May 17 02:27:55 PDT 2015

On 17-05-15 10:47, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> On 17 May 2015 at 02:21, Schmirr Wurst <schmirrwurst at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried as suggested to had a look at
>> /sys/bus/sdio/devices, but the only devices around there a 3
>> mmc1:0001:1 to :3, I guess it is something else...
>
> Why do you guess so? You didn't provide us any details about entries there.

Indeed a wrong guess. The sdio specification allows a physical sdio
device to provide multiple sdio functions, which are instantiated as
devices in the linux driver model. So they will have the same modalias.

>> In that directory, I see a directory mmc1:0001:2
>> under device I have 0xa94d
>>
>> I completly lost, maybe you understand that information, sorry..
>
> You provided only one single device id, without even vendor id. Give
> us at least a list of devices, e.g. by their modalias, like
> cat /sys/bus/sdio/devices/*/modalias

Converting 0xa94d gives 43341, which does not look like a coincidence to
me. So this Asus device comes with a newer chip, but it is supported by
brcmfmac (provided vendor id is indeed 0x02d0!).

Regards,
Arend