lspci not working

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Sat May 16 07:34:20 PDT 2015

On 05/16/2015 04:12 AM, Schmirr Wurst wrote:
> I've already posted the message once, but as it was my first, I'm not
> sure, if it worked...
>
> Actually I'm trying to get read of a t100af from asus, that has a nice
> broadcom wifi chipset, but I'm wondering that I don't see anything
> with lspci, do that mean, that the chipset is broken ?
> (I though lspci is one level deeper than driver, and I should see
> something, even if I have driver problems) ?
>
> Could just somebody tell me if I'm right or wrong ?

On Intel Bay Trail tablets, the wifi device is frequently attached using an SDIO
bus, not a PCI connection. Accordingly, lspci will probably not show the device.

I am not familiar with any Broadcom devices that use SDIO, but I have Cc'd the
linux-wireless mailing list. Perhaps someone there will be able to help.

I am currently working with a Winbook TW100, which is another Bay Trail device.
It uses a Realtek RTL8723BS, which also has an SDIO interface.

Larry