Is b43-fwcutter an option for a BCM4360?

Jeff Burdges burdges at gnunet.org
Mon Jun 15 13:08:34 PDT 2015

I've a MacBook Air 6.2 with a Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac adapter
[14e4:43a0] (rev 03).  It's apparently not supported according to :

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

I imagine there is no point in playing around with extracting the
firmware from the drivers on Yosemite or Mavericks using b43-fwcutter,
right?

Thanks,
Jeff

p.s.  I've already tried using the proprietary wl driver, but it crashes
lots on WPA2 and maybe WPA networks.  I mentioned the error messages
here :
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/209280/broadcom-wireless-driver-source-vs-dkms