Looking for someone with BCM43227 and (maybe) compilation skill ; )

Ruben De Smet ruben.de.smet at telenet.be
Wed Nov 12 10:56:29 PST 2014

On 08/28/2014 02:39 PM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> It has appeared that BCM43227 and BCM43228 are pretty much identical
> from programming POV. You can try 3.17-rc1 (or newer) to see if it
> supports your wireless card :)

Hi!

Today Fedora 20 updated to 3.17 and so I was pretty eager to try b43
instead of wl. It didn't work like I hoped it would; networkmanager was
able to scan but not to connect with my BCM43228.
I've ordered an Intel WiFi card some days ago. So if the b43 team wants
to, I can send a developer my BCM card for free for developing, reverse
engineering and debugging purposes.

(I googled an excerpt of the dmesg error message (because it had a MAC
address in it I didn't want to give to Google), but I forgot to write
down the original message:

deauthenticating by local choice (Reason: 3=DEAUTH_LEAVING)

Ruben