b43 register dumping/setting

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Thu Mar 6 02:14:11 EST 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 08:11:02AM +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:

> With bcma & b43 it should be doable, but what about dumping registers
> from closed source driver? Did you figure out some way?

My rough plan was to just mmap the BARs and do it from userspace...

Interestingly, I can't reproduce the problem at the moment. On the other
hand, I'm also far closer to the AP, so broadcast power may have been
lower? I'm not actually entirely sure what could lead to sufficient
interference to screw with the DisplayPort link (it seems like it
happens with both GPUs on the machine, so it seems more likely that it's
interfering with the signal than somehow screwing with a clock) so don't
have many good ideas to start with.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org