Support for BCM43228

Xavier Naveira xnaveira at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 01:36:51 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I recently got a new work computer, a Dell Latitude E6530, really nice
machine although a little bit bulky.

Anyway, I was negatively surprised when I discovered that the wireless
and 3g modem wouldn't work  out of the box on my Fedora 19 system but
I had to install a proprietary driver.

After a couple of days using it I already can tell that this driver is
not working properly:

 - I had to change the channel of my home wireless network because for
some reason I was unable to pick up the channel 13, everything is
working fine now in channel 8, except for the fact that all my
neighbors seems to be using it...

 - I usually work on the train, the 3g connection is very unreliable
and some days I can't even get it working.

In parallel with this computer change I happened to begin to read
about linux kernel and drivers and I thought to myself that I would
give it a try and write an email to you guys asking:

 - Is there any plans to add support for the BCM43228 chip?
 - Can I help in some way? Do you guys have some code that needs to be tested?

I'd really appreciate an opportunity to be of some help and at the
same time learn something in the way, so let me know.

Best regards,

Xavier