Extracting (boardvendor and) boardtype

Jonas Gorski jogo at openwrt.org
Tue Mar 19 07:03:24 EDT 2013

On 19 March 2013 11:36, Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> wrote:
> However take a look at siutils.c you're using internally at Broadcom.
> I've found it in:
> GPL_RT_AC66U_3004270/asuswrt/release/src-rt-6.x/shared/siutils.c
> This file contains si_nvram_process. This function calls that
> si_getdevpathintvar and getintvar I'm not sure about. Does
> si_nvram_process prefer SPROM's boardtype (offset SROM_SSID==0x2 or
> offset SSB_SPROM1_SPID==0x4) if it's available (not 0xFFFF)?

The getdevpathintvar and getintvar are for extracting these values
from nvram instead of SPROM - remember that embedded bcm47xx devices
are "sprom"-less and have these values stored in nvram. Since there is
only one global nvram, you need to prefix these values with the
"pci/sb" device path to differentiate if you have more than one wifi
chip (e.g. "sb/1/boardflags" or "pci/1/boardflags"). But this isn't
necessarily done for single wifi devices, hence the getdevpathintvar
-> getinvar path (as the fall back).

--
Jonas