BCM4331 deauthenticates every five minutes

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Mon Jun 24 09:22:49 EDT 2013

Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net> said:
> > The AP appears to be an Adtran (don't know the model).
>
> The issue appears to be specific to the Adtran AP combined with the b43
> device.  I have a D-Link DIR-625 at home (running OpenWRT 12.09, using
> ath9k wireless driver), and the MacBook seems to stay connected to it
> okay.

I haven't had a chance to do more debugging, but I did find one more bit
of possibly-useful information: the "deauthenticating" bit only seems to
happen when there is no traffic.  I used the wireless in a meeting for a
couple of hours, and it didn't deauthenticate once.  I got back to my
desk, plugged into the wired network, and the wireless started
deauthenticating again every five minutes.

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>