BCM43362 support - possible ?

Werner Almesberger werner at almesberger.net
Tue Jun 11 11:05:18 EDT 2013

I have a client who is quite enthralled by some BCM43362-based
modules and wants to use them with a Free operating system
(probably FreeRTOS, but Linux may be a possibility as well, and
even more so as an intermediate development step). This chip is
from the WICED series.

As far as I can tell, the BCM43362 is not supported by Linux
at the moment and hasn't even been mentioned in that context.
So I wonder whether the existing brcmfmac driver could be made
to work with the BCM43362 or whether there are major technical
or licensing issues.

If necessary, I wouldn't mind helping (in a few weeks) to get
that chip to work under Linux.

Thanks !

- Werner