Lockdep splat when unloading b43

Michael Büsch m at bues.ch
Sun Feb 24 13:32:39 EST 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 11:31:47 -0600
Larry Finger <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> wrote:

> With the current wireless-testing tree, unloading b43 produces the lockdep log
> splat copied below. My understanding of locking is deficient, and I would like
> to learn. Any help on understanding this problem is appreciated.

A few questions:
Is there any reason for using the global workqueue and not mac80211's workqueue?
Why is the workqueue cancelled in the core_stop callback? Wouldn't it make more
sense to cancel it in bcma_remove/ssb_remove?
This would probably fix the circular dependency. But I'm not entirely sure, because
I'm not that familiar with the code anymore.

--
Michael