Possible bug/error in web pages

Alexander James Bourne Shearn A.J.B.Shearn at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 15:32:10 EDT 2012

Quoting Rafa? Mi?ecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> on Wed, 14 Mar 2012 19:45:34 +0100:

> 2012/3/14 Alexander James Bourne Shearn <A.J.B.Shearn at sms.ed.ac.uk>:
>> I've found the relevant posts on the mailing list about the B43_BCMA_EXTRA
>> flag. Only thing is, I'm not sure where to set this! Is it during kernel
>> compilation, or is it a flag for a different package? Can I set it somewhere
>> when I build the compat-wireless package instead of compiling the entire
>> kernel?
>
> Please, keep b43-dev as Cc.
>
> Yes, if you're using recent kernel you need to use
> B43_BCMA_EXTRA
> It has to be set at compilation time. I don't know much about
> compat-wireless, it should be possible to use B43_BCMA_EXTRA for
> compat-wireless as well, but I can't say how.
>
> --
> Rafa?

Thanks - got it all sorted!
Just to document what I did: downloaded compat-wireless, and compiled
with B43_BCMA_EXTRA='y'.

Then did 'make unload', and 'modprobe b43'. All works fine, injection
working great.

I'll write this up somewhere to document for other users.

Cheers for the help!
Yours,

Alex Shearn

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.