[RFC] bcma: replace ssb_sprom structure with bcma_sprom structure

Arend van Spriel arend at broadcom.com
Tue Mar 6 08:42:27 EST 2012

On 03/06/2012 02:27 PM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> 2012/3/6 Arend van Spriel<arend at broadcom.com>:
>> BCMA shared a structure with SSB in which sprom data was stored. This
>> could have been appropriate but with upcoming srom revisions that are
>> of no interest to SSB it is better to have own definitions with BCMA.
>>
>> This patch adds support for srom revisions 8 and 9.
>
> Does b43 even compile with that?

Nope. It does not. That is why I was asking b43 developers for feedback
in this RFC. By moving to another structure there is more work involved
that needs good b43 knowledge (which I am lacking). What I can do is
provide a function that maps bcma_sprom structure members to ssb_sprom
structure members to make the transition easier.

Gr. AvS