Re: BCM4318 problem on Kubuntu

Vaclav Peroutka vaclavpe at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 6 01:45:33 EDT 2012

> > Jun  5 22:39:27 malamys-laptop kernel: [   29.476032] b43-phy0: Loading
> firmware version 666.2 (2011-02-23 01:15:07)
>
> I am not certain that this version of the firmware works with the 4318. You
> might try an older version.

> > [  118.012857] Hardware name: AMILO PRO V8010
>
> My system is too new to tell exactly what causes this error; however, I think it
>
> comes from the wireless band not being set up correctly. Do you have CRDA
> installed? I do not see any evidence of it in the dmesg output that you posted.

What is CRDA ? I will check logs. In the meantime, I succeeded to install newest Ubuntu with WiFi card switched off in BIOS. I found this "LiveCD freezing" problem on another forum and the solution was exactly to unplug the card. So now I can make experiments on the latest linux release as well. However, I don't know where to start after I enable the card in BIOS...

What older firmware do you recommend me and where can I get it ?

Vaclav