Some confusion over which 'b43' v5.10.x firmware I should be using

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:41:40 EST 2012

Hi Larry

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Based on your response to my question, I
decided to take the plunge and upgrade my "b43-firmware" package. My main
reason for doing so was because it could positively impact some of the
newer 'b43' devices.

A user of this package has informed me that he's run into problems using
the new (v5.10.144.3) firmware on his BCM4312 device.  After viewing the
output he's supplied, can you explain to me what's going on and how we can
overcome this issue?

I have problems with todays upgrade.