Wireless Problem

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 01:13:08 EST 2012

W dniu 9 lutego 2012 21:55 użytkownik Vince Radice
<vhradice at cfl.rr.com> napisał:
>    As for my question about b43-fwcutter, do I do something with this or is
> it done behind the scenes by a driver?

No idea what are you asking about. What do you mean by "I do
something"? What are you trying to achieve?
b43 driver won't work this this card. b43-fwcutter is firmware
extractor for b43 driver. It's not needed for this card.

>    Also, some have had success with the STA drivers.  I believe that I have
> installed them with yum.  How can I tell if they are being used?  Can I
> somehow tie those drivers with my usb adapter?

I don't think STA supports fullmac devices (like your USB one). You
can list loaded modules by "lsmod"
hint:
lsmod | grep wl
lsmod | grep b43
etc.

lspci also shows currently used driver when using verbose mode (lspci -v):
06:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 5100
        Subsystem: Intel Corporation WiFi Link 5100 AGN
        Memory at d1500000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        (...)
        Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi

P.S.