BCM4331 fails to associate after suspend

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 11:56:20 EST 2012

2012/2/4 Seth Forshee <seth.forshee at canonical.com>:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 11:44:23AM +0100, Arend van Spriel wrote:
>> On 02/03/2012 11:28 PM, Seth Forshee wrote:
>> >
>> > I've been looking around a bit in the b43 and bcma drivers, but so far I
>> > haven't found the reason why this happens. Any help would be
>> > appreciated. Let me know if there's additional information I can
>> > provide.
>> >

>> With which kernel version do you see these issues? BCMA suspend/resume
>> code has a fix in 3.3-rc1. So if you are seeing it on a 3.2 kernel,
>> please give it a try.
>
> I've tried 3.3-rc2 and the wirless-testing tree, and the problem still
> exists in both.

I don't have access to suspendable machine with Mini PCIe card, not to
mention BCM4331 which is available for Mac-specific slot only (or
routers as embedded wifi). It may be b43 needs to fix but I'm not
really able to work on that. Plus the whole BCM4331 code is really
tricky, as it comes from RE based on dumps only :(

--
Rafał