Looking for BCM43228

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 15:39:06 EDT 2011

W dniu 3 września 2011 00:04 użytkownik Larry Finger
<Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net> napisał:
> On 08/29/2011 04:27 PM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
>>
>> W dniu 29 sierpnia 2011 21:02 użytkownik Rafał Miłecki
>> <zajec5 at gmail.com>  napisał:
>>>
>>> I'll mail Marc, Ubuntu's launchpad reported to ask if he still has
>>> access to this notebook.
>>
>> I've just received photo of the card (inside notebook) from Marc. It's
>> labeled as DW1530, bingo! :)
>>
>> I'll ask Dell about prices. Larry: I'm also waiting for you getting
>> response, maybe your prices will be lower?
>
> I got no answer from that first vendor. I just sent another message to a
> different vendor. I found the device on a parts list for some government
> organization in Ohio that listed the Dell Part Number (430-3960) and a price
> of 12.15 USD. Too bad I couldn't purchase there.

It seems Dell can be the only choice for us. I've asked Marc for
checking details of that card. I asked him to try bcma&b43 or get MMIO
dump with wl. That will make us sure what's PHY hidden inside of that
card.

I've already bought once a card (BCM43225) in hope it'll contain PHY
different that card I already have (BCM43224). That cards seem to have
exactly the same PHY.

--
Rafał