broadcom 43224 signal strength

Matěj Grégr matej.gregr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 18:10:44 EDT 2011

Hello,
  recently, I noticed, that my wireless card 14e4:4353 should be
supported by b43 driver. I was able to get it work with 3.1r10 kernel
and associate with my AP (great work guys!). However, I have a serious
problem with signal strength. If I move my laptop to another room, the
signal is lost (I still see the signal with wl driver). When I am
scanning for wifi networks, I see 10 wifi networks with wl driver,
however only 1 network with b43 driver. Is there some workaround, how
to improve the quality of the signal?
Thanks,
   M.