Broadcom 4303 HP Pavilion zv5000

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 06:53:39 EDT 2011

2011/10/20 Jesús Vidal Panalés <jesusvpct at vodafone.es>:
> El jue 20 oct 2011 01:29:45 CEST, Larry Finger escribió:
>>
>> On 10/19/2011 04:14 PM, Jesús Vidal Panalés wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, i think that i've got ndiswrapper working with the windows driver,
>>> but i
>>> have the same problem, is not connection. Running wpa_suplicant (using
>>> right
>>> configuration) i've got this output:
>>>
>>> ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
>>> ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
>>> Trying to associate with 20:cf:30:ce:0e:c7 (SSID='WIFI-Tux' freq=2442
>>> MHz)
>>> Association request to the driver failed
>>> Associated with 00:00:00:00:00:00
>>> CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=20:cf:30:ce:0e:c7 reason=0
>>> ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
>>> ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
>>> Trying to associate with 20:cf:30:ce:0e:c7 (SSID='WIFI-Tux' freq=2442
>>> MHz)
>>> Association request to the driver failed
>>> Associated with 00:00:00:00:00:00
>>> CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=20:cf:30:ce:0e:c7 reason=0
>>>

>> Does wireshark on Win 7 show any packets from your device with
>> ndiswrapper?
>>
>> My hotel has wifi and I will be able to see Email daily.
>>
>> Larry
>>

> I don't see any packets either.

Thanks a lot guys for debugging this. AFAIU:
1) Linux + b43 = RX ok, TX broken
2) Linux + ndis = RX ok, TX broken
3) XP = RX ok, TX ok

Jesús: I could try debugging if we got any working Linux driver. Even
ndiswrapper is alright, we could grab MMIO dumps from ndis na b43 and
compare them.
Could you try using some different Windows driver with ndiswrapper?
Maybe some another one will work with this BCM4301 device?

--
Rafał