Broadcom 4303 HP Pavilion zv5000

Jesús Vidal Panalés jesusvpct at vodafone.es
Wed Oct 19 17:14:06 EDT 2011

El 19/10/11 16:21, Larry Finger escribió:
> On 10/19/2011 08:14 AM, Jesús Vidal Panalés wrote:
>>
>> Running XP i can see packets using eth.addr filter on the other laptop.
>
> It would appear that the radio is being blocked. Does that zv5000 have
> a wireless switch? It should show up in rfkill, but it might not.
>
> I'm going to be out of town for a few days starting this morning. To
> get on the air, you might try blacklisting ssb and implementing
> ndiswrapper using the Windows XP driver. That will work only if you
> are using a 32-bit Linux system.
>
> Larry

Well, i think that i've got ndiswrapper working with the windows driver,
but i have the same problem, is not connection. Running wpa_suplicant
(using right configuration) i've got this output:

ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument
Trying to associate with 20:cf:30:ce:0e:c7 (SSID='WIFI-Tux' freq=2442 MHz)
Association request to the driver failed
Associated with 00:00:00:00:00:00
CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=20:cf:30:ce:0e:c7 reason=0