Switching to 4.174.64.19 firmware for G-PHY cards?

chris at martin.cc chris at martin.cc
Mon Mar 7 20:25:57 EST 2011

2011/3/8 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com>

> W dniu 4 marca 2011 01:37 użytkownik chris at martin.cc <chris at martin.cc>
> napisał:
> > Maybe the way to investigate this further is to look at what is being
> > passed between
> > mac80211 and b43, with the different firmwares.
> >
> > I will add some debugging on the weekend and see what I can uncover.
>
> Maybe it'd make sense to check what we get from hardware with older
> vs. newer firmware?
>
> Attached patch was compile-tested only.
>
> It may put a lot of messages in your dmesg, don't try to run it for too
> long ;)

Rafal

I think something went wrong with the patch you attached.
when I detach it, it contains

  Building modules, stage 2.
  MODPOST 1 modules

And nothing else.

Further..  When I was testing the driver (both in AP and STA modes) I had it
disconnected form the network, and disconnected from the bridge.  As a
result there would have been very little data transmitted.  However there is
lots of 802.11 traffic in the air.  So I think that we will find the problem
on the receive path rather than the transmit path,  Just my 2c worth until I
get some logging in there.

Chris Martin
m: +61 419 812 371