4311rev02 and Ad-hoc

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 03:41:13 EST 2011

2011/3/5 Andrei R <ra at scalpnet.ru>:
> I use b43 on 2.6.35-27 kernel.
> Hardware is 14e4:4311 (rev.02).
> fwcutter is installed.
>
> dmesg shows
> b43-phy0: Broadcom 4311 WLAN found (core revision 13)
> b43-phy0: Loading firmware version 410.2160 (2007-05-26 15:32:10)
>
> iwlist shows wifi nets near.
>
> But if i try to connect to ad-hoc network through NetworkManager -
> strange thing happens. It behaves as if a connection is established,
> e.g. iwconfig shows correct ESSID and some Cell number.
>
> ifconfig shows RX packets:0 on wlan0. Pings are timed out.
>
> Does ad-hoc ever work on b43 with my hardware?

I think ad-hoc should work. Your card is G-PHY, from that series I've
only 4318, but will try ad-hoc with it anyway.

What do you mean by cell number in "correct ESSID and some Cell number"?

What other devices are in your ad-hoc network? What wireless cards/drivers?

Does connecting to normal network works fine for you?

Did you try connecting without NetworkManager?

--
Rafał