Switching to 4.174.64.19 firmware for G-PHY cards?

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Wed Mar 2 17:00:00 EST 2011

On 03/02/2011 06:20 AM, chris at martin.cc wrote:
> 2011/3/2 Rafał Miłecki<zajec5 at gmail.com>:
>>
>> I checked for kernels in OpenWRT.
>> OpenWRT 10.03 is 2.6.32.10
>> OpenWRT 10.03.1-rc4 is 2.6.32.25
>>
>> I can see 2.6.32(.0) at least have:
>> b43: Add LP PHY Analog Switch Support
>> that's good.
>>
>> Maybe compiling b43 with debugging could help to understand what is
>> going on? Could insmod b43.ko pio=1 be workaround?
>>

> Just to clarify.  I tested 10.03-rc4 - and trunk wicth is 2.6.36.x
> I will also confirm the versions tomorrow

Chris,

This problem is getting more and more curious.

I have two systems with 14e4:4315 LP PHY cards. One is x86_64 and the other is
i386. I added kmemleak checking to each and have been running networking for
about 3 hours on the 64-bit system, and 18 hours for 32 bit. Neither shows any
memory leaks associated with b43. Both are using 508.1084 firmware. Most of the
tests were in STA mode, but a few minutes with one hosting an AP for the other
has not shown any leaks.

I imagine that memory is pretty tight on the openWRT system. Does "free" work
there? If so, what are the results just before you start the bridging?

Larry